Since 1993 Global Education Plus (GEP) has provided transformational experiences to students and teachers in some of the most economically and educationally challenged countries in the world. Thousands of children have been given opportunities through its efforts,too.
It will be Dr. Bob Drummond’s privilege to continue the rich history of our founder, Rev. Malcolm Eudaley, as well as bring together people and resources that provide hope and possibilities to children in harsh circumstances. Our financial assistance to these children open the door to address their educational, spiritual and physical needs.
GEP has forged strategic partnerships with organizations such as the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and the Leadership Development Institute (LDi) that has helped us to leverage your dollars to maximize their impact on children’s lives.
My entire career was spent in the non-profit sector of education and children’s services. Dr. Bob Drummond has personally witnessed the life-changing effect of philanthropy that has been invested in children. It is my commitment to see that your gift will achieve transformational impact through stretching your dollars in countries whose economy is such that American dollars have a significantly higher “buying power” than they have in the U.S.
We encourage you to allow us to provide transformational experiences. Help GEP move these children from poverty to successful and productive citizens in their respective countries.
Thank you and may God bless you!
Dr. Bob Drummond’s Summary and Qualifications
- Post-doctoral leadership training at Harvard University
- Background encompasses over 30 years of highly effective and successful leadership experience that includes exceptionally strong skills in financial management and leadership development.
- Demonstrated the judgment, drive, work ethic, creativity, decision making skills and strategic abilities to exceed expectations in every leadership role held.
- Excellent communicator, collaborator, team and consensus builder, vision maker, results oriented, high energy multi-tasked leader with excellent interpersonal skills.
KidsTLC, OLATHE, KS 2001-2014
President and CEO
Responsible for providing dynamic leadership to a staff of over 235 employees that serve thousands of children and youth each year. Provide leadership to a 33 member Board of Directors, 13-member Foundation Board, and Board of Advisors. Initiated a Board of Directors’ orientation program, community relations, annual giving and grant writing programs, business plans and established a TLC Charities Foundation. Rated among the top 3% of charities in America for sound fiscal management and commitment to accountability and transparency. Clinically licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and Professional Counselor. 30 years of clinical practice.
- Raised over $50 million in annual, endowment, and capital gifts. Built and remodeled eight buildings.
- Campus capital improvements of over $20 million in from 2006-2013.
- Purchased Kansas City Behavioral Analysts to jump start our Autism program.
- Exceeded $6.95 million goal for 2009-2012 campaign and built a 27,000 square foot state-of-the-art wellness center and initiated Behavioral Health & Autism programs.
- Designated among the top 3% of all U.S. charities for financial management by Charity Navigator.
- Refocused the agency on our primary mission; created a highly successful strategic plan; reinvented resource development department into one of the most successful in the region; developed new funding streams, new programs, increased clients served by 350% since 2003.
- Exceeded the 2005-2007 $7.9 million capital campaign goal by $2.8 million and more than doubled the size of the TLC campus.
- Collaborated with USD 233 for them to build a state of the art 14,000 square foot school on the TLC campus plus purchased two tracks of new land to expand the campus.
- Raised funds to develop 1st class IT system and world class website.
- Acquired KEYS Youth Services including $1.2 million in assets and $1.5 million in revenue.
- Marketing, rebranding and media plans that have created unprecedented recognition for KidsTLC and additional funding streams such as 5 federal earmarks.
- Created a significant employee benefit package, purchased new accounting, fundraising and client management software, and eliminated all deferred maintenance on campus.
- Established TLC Charities Foundation with a $2.3 million endowment, $1.3 million in planned gifts and healthy operating reserves
- Held a number of leadership positions on elected and volunteer boards for over three decades.
MIDAMERICA NAZARENE UNIVERSITY, OLATHE, KS 1989-2001
Vice President for Campus Life
MIDAMERICA NAZARENE COLLEGE, OLATHE, KS 1981-1989
Professor of Psychology and Chairman of Human Development Division
Responsible for teaching, curriculum development and academic leadership of the departments of Physical Education, Psychology, Sociology, and Teacher Education (largest academic division).
MIDAMERICA NAZARENE COLLEGE, OLATHE, KS 1977-1981
Director of Admissions and Financial Aid
Responsible for enrollment planning, coordination of recruitment, and retention activities. Provided leadership to a staff of eight.
MIDAMERICA NAZARENE COLLEGE, OLATHE, KS 1974-1977
Director of Counseling Services
Responsibility was setting up the first counseling services for the University that included providing psychological & career development services.
MIDAMERICA NAZARENE COLLEGE, OLATHE, KS 1973-1974
Director of Intramurals
Responsibilities included planning and operation of extensive intramural program.
MIDAMERICA NAZARENE COLLEGE, OLATHE, KS 1971-1973
Resident Director for Snowbarger and Lanpher Men’s Residence Halls.
Honors and Awards
2014 Citizen of the Year (Olathe Chamber of Commerce)
Mayor’s Cathedral Builder Award for extraordinary vision and contribution in building a great community by City of Olathe (2011)
Chosen the 45th Most Influential Person in Olathe’s History (2008)
Dr. Robert Drummond Day proclamation by City of Olathe (2007)
John T. Barton Distinguished Service Award from City of Olathe. The highest award given by theCity of Olathe (2007)
Distinguished Community Service Award from MidAmerica Nazarene University (2007)
OP Award from Overland Park Chamber (2006)
United Community Services Award for Excellence in Community Service (2005)
Olathe Chamber of Commerce Corporate Citizen of the Year (2005)
Character Award for Civic & Community Service, Olathe Character Council (2004)
Rotarian Fourway Test Award from the Santa Fe Rotary Club in Olathe, KS (2004)
Rotarian of the Year Award from the Santa Fe Rotary Club in Olathe, KS (2003)
Administrator of the Year, MidAmerica Nazarene University (1991)
Member, Olathe Rotary Club, Olathe, KS (2011-2014)
Member, Board of Trustees, Johnson County Community College (2015)
Member and Vice-Chair, Board of Trustees, Johnson County Community College (2012-2013)
Member and Treasurer, Board of Trustees, Johnson County Community College (2009-2012)
Member, Board of Trustees, United Way of Greater Kansas City (2007-2012)
Co-Chair, United Way of Greater Kansas City Human Service Leadership Council, (2007-2008)
Co-Chair, Leadership Council, United Way of Greater Kansas City agencies (2007-2008)
Member, Kansas Health Foundation Leadership Conference, Kansas Health Foundation (2007)
Johnson County Early Childhood Leadership Team (2007)
President, Board of Directors, Children’s Alliance of Kansas (2006-2008)
Member, Board of Directors, United Way of Johnson County (2006-2007)
Member, National Planning Committee, Alliance for Children and Families (2006-2008)
Chair, Statewide Residential Treatment Committee, Children’s Alliance of Kansas (2005-2006)
President, Board of Education,. Olathe Unified School District (1994-96, 2000-2001, 2005-2006)
Member, Northeast Chamber of Johnson County (2005-present)
Member, District Advisory Board for Kansas City District Church of the Nazarene (2006-2011)
Member, United Way Youth Policy Council (2005)
Chairman, Board of Trustees, TLC Charities Foundation (2004-2014)
Executive Committee, Children’s Coordinating Council of Johnson County (2004-2014)
Vice-President, Board of Directors, Children’s Alliance of Kansas (2004-2006)
Vice-President, Board of Education, Olathe Unified School District (1992-94, 1999-2000 and 2004-2005)
Member, Board of Directors, Olathe, KS Chamber of Commerce (2004-2006)
Member, City of Olathe 150th Anniversary Committee (2004-2006)
Member, Human Service Facility Planning Committee for Johnson County (2004-2005)
Member, Chamber of Commerce, Overland Park, KS (2002-present)
Member, Chamber of Commerce, Lenexa, KS (2002-present)
Member, Santa Fe Rotary Club, Olathe, KS (2001-2007)
Member, Children’s Coordinating Council of Johnson County (2001-2014)
Member, Board of Directors, The Children’s Alliance of Kansas (2001-2014)
Member, Olathe Chamber of Commerce (2001-present)
Member, Safe from the Start, Planning Committee for Johnson County to address domestic violence (2001-2003)
Member, Governor’s Task Force on Johnson County Soccer Complex (2002)
Member, Navigating the Future Professional Leadership Committee for Johnson County to address Human Service needs for the next ten years (2002-2003)
Co-Chair, Board of Education and City Council Collaborative Committee (2000-2001, 2005-2006)
Member, City of Olathe Planning and Parks and Recreation Committee (1992-1993)
Member, MidAmerica Nazarene Foundation Board (1992-2009)
Member, Johnson County Area Vocational-Technical School Coordinating Board of Control (1990-1992)
Member, Olathe Salvation Army Advisory Board (1987-1989)
Member, Board of Education, Olathe Unified School District (1989-2007)
Member, Board of Directors, Kansas Association for Marriage & Family Therapy (1987-1989)
Member, Board of Trustees, College Church of the Nazarene (20 years)
Church and Seminar Speaker on various topics related to marriage, parenting, divorce, personal adjustment, etc. (1975-present)
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Post-doctoral certificate from the Institute for Educational Management.
University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas
Received an Ed.D. in Counseling Psychology and Higher Education Leadership.
University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas
Received an M.S. in Counseling Psychology
Morningside College, Sioux City, Iowa
Received B.S. in Education, History and Psychology
Clinical member, American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
Clinical member, Kansas Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
Lifetime member, American Counseling Association
Lifetime member, Christian Association for Psychological Studies